Friday, July 24, 2009

Literature

I am creating a reading list. I have received many titles from various friends and family. I appreciate ALL of your suggestions. If you have read anything worth recommending in the past few days, weeks, months, years...please let me know. Those of us unemployed must keep up. I will be visiting the English Bookstore here in florence shortly. (Keep in mind: I like non-fiction)

At the moment I am reading:

A Modern History of Indonesia-Adrian Vickers

Sexus-Henry Miller

National Geographic "ANGKOR"

I will begin reading very shortly:

The Innocent Anthropologist; Notes from a Mud Hut-Nigel Barley (Thank you Carol Fuchs!!!!!!)

My Hands Came Away Red-Lisa McKay

Light at the Edge of the World-Wade Davis (My favorite author)


Am Halfway Through:

Nixon and Mao; The Week that Changed the World-Margaret MacMillan




3 comments:

  1. Physics For Future Presidents: The Science Behind the Headlines by Richard Muller

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Perfectly Normal: Changing Bodies, Growing Up, Sex and Sexual Health by Michael Emberley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shot in the Heart by Mikal Gilmore

    Stuffed and Starved by Raj Patel

    and i like lauren's suggestion...

    ReplyDelete