Saturday, September 5, 2009

Kuta is exactly what I expected!

Imagine Dewey Beach, but replace the people with Europeans and Australians.

Oh, and add a few more "classy" clubs in the mix...wow, this place is really nothing like the Bali I know.
It was worth the trip, though.
I don't know if I had previously explained the phenomenal transportation device: The Bemo.

Take a VW Bus (except here its not VW, rather some Asian Brand no one in the western world would recognize), strip the interior down to nothing, and put in two benches as seats.

This is the greatest thing known to mankind. I wish they had these in every major city. The only major issue is that the drivers tend to rip off tourists since the fair is always up for negotiation.


Well after having the same guy drive us back to our hotel, we got his name and number and he now comes at our beck and call. He is a great guy, fun-loving, but lacks a sound system in his Bemo. We are considering a fund to buy him a stereo...we also considered submitting his bemo to "Pimp my Ride"...

(I think there are only 6 or seven in this photo, but we have actually managed 11 people before)

(Negotiating price...)


No comments:

Post a Comment